airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjaya Medonsa <sanjaya...@gmail.com>
Subject Proposal To Use Apache OODT products as input to Apache Airavata Workflows and staging product files into node where execution happens
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2013 18:22:25 GMT
Hi Dev Team,
As I have posted previously, I am working on a Apache Airavata + Apache
OODT integration as my MSc project. Following is one of the possible
integration to leverage Apache OODT file management capability into Apache
Airavata. Please review the proposal and let me know your feedback.

Proposal To Use Apache OODT products as input to Apache Airavata Workflows
and staging product files into node where execution happens
========================================================================================================
1. Introduce "Apache OODT Product" as a new GFacParameterType. New "Apache
OODT Product" input type can sepcify "Product ID" or "File Path to Product"
as an input to Apache Airavata workflows.
2. Introduce new PreExecuteChain to retrieve Apache OODT Products from File
Manager Server managed using Apache OODT.
1. Using Apache OODT File Manager componenet transfer Product from Server
to input directory of the application as configured using XBaya-GUI under
advanced configuration. (Here the assumption is that Products are accesible
through Apache OODT File Manager server)
2. Finally reset the input value to local file path. I think we can remove
the OODT Product parameter from invocation context and add new file
parameter with value set to 'local path of the transferred product'. I am
not quite sure what are the implications of changing input parameter type
during the execution.

Similar approach has been implemented for GridFTP and HTTP.

Best Regards,
Sanjaya