airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Airavata/Hadoop Integration
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 05:04:18 GMT
> And I hope plugin architecture  is something which allow users not to touch
> the Scheduler class and plug their Providers to gfac-core by dropping their
> jar in to classpath. If thats the case this will be very useful for gateway
> developers.

Exactly.

Danushka, please add more detail information on how you are going to
> implement this.

We can have a plug-in architecture that is not limited to providers, I am
not quite sure where else it is applicable, though.

1. We will have a thread-safe singleton plugin manager that loads plugins
from a known location (say $AIRAVATA_HOME/plugins). The plugin manager is
initialized when the Airavata server is launched.

2.Plugins implement a predefined interface.

3.Each plugin has an identifier (say the fully qualified class name) that
is used to register itself with the plugin manager.

4. Plugin manager has a method to create new instances giving this
identifier.

5. This method is used in the Scheduler (for an example) to create a new
provider instance.

6. We define the provider identifier (i.e. the fully qualified class name)
in the JobExecutionContext (ApplicationContext?)

Thanks,
Danushka