airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro da Silveira <pedro...@gmail.com>
Subject API Client questions
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 18:42:25 GMT
Hi Dev,

I have a few question regarding to Airavata API Client.
I tested both 2 samples from the directory
"apache-airavata-client-0.7-SNAPSHOT/samples". They all ran the echo
example successfully.
I modified the sample "workflow-run" to submit my pre-defined workflow,
which has 4 inputs file "URI", 2 Application Services and total wall time
20 minutes. My workflow ran successfully using API Client as it did on
Xbaya.

1 - One part of the code that got my attention was a call to the method
"getWorkflowComposeContent()", which reads my workflow saved file with
extension ".xwf". I didn't understand the call for this method. Can someone
help me?

airavataAPI.getWorkflowManager().saveWorkflow(getWorkflowComposeContent());

2 - The API client transfered my input correctly from my desktop to
Lonestar, How can I get one output file back from Lonestar to my desktop
using the API? In general, my outputs are just text file and less than
500MB.

3 - I noticed in the monitoring part of the code that a Java Thread is
created and keep the application hanging until the end of the monitoring
execution. Is that possible to create the thread, check the monitor status
and kill thread to check the status later in about N minutes? Or Do I have
to keep the thread alive during the job execution?

Thank you,

Pedro da Silveira