airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Shahbaz Memon <m.me...@fz-juelich.de>
Subject BES-Provider Implemention
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:51:41 GMT
Dear all,

I have just uploaded the first iteration of BES Provider [1] (yet an
other extension to the GFacProvider) in the form of patches. Just for
the sake of information, this provider acts as a client to the
OGSA-BES [2] compliant web services including the support for JSDL
(Job Submission and Description Language) [3]. Currently the
BESProvider implementation is dependent on Unicore-BES [4] client
libraries. Thus it can easily communicate to the Unicore (generally to
any OGSA-BES compliant) endpoints.

At the moment the provider's test case demonstrates the submission of
simple "/bin/cat" job with data stagings (only supporting GridFTP),
and while the job is commencing the submission phase the GFac's
JobExecutionContext is transformed into the JSDL instance (using
JSDLGenerator) so that it can be consumable to the remote BES
endpoint.

As I have mentioned it is a very first iteration, therefore needs more
effort to bring this into production version.

Thanks to Airavata team (Raminder, Lahiru, Suresh) for their time and
support to make this possible.

Best Regards,

Shahbaz Memon
Jülich Supercomputing Center