airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Raminder Singh <raminderjsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Handler Configuration in Airavata
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 16:50:37 GMT
Hi Lahiru,

I think the handler configuration should be application specific not handler specific. In
case of Ultrascan, we want to customize the output handlers. Project have 2 different version
of applications running using Gram provider and both the application have different mechanism
of transferring inputs and outputs. For Ultrascan 3, after the job is finished results need
to be inserted a database but that is not the case for Ultrascan 2. There the data is moved
by the gateway itself. As they both will be running on same instance of Airavata, we need
to provide support for adding handler based on application. We can have a default chain for
default applications and custom chain incase application needs any additional pre or post
processing steps.

Thanks
Raminder