airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Airavata 0.6 release plan
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 18:18:03 GMT
Hi Ate,

Thank you for taking time to review the issues and reminding the JIRA. With the delayed release
schedules we haven't been effectively using the JIRA's. I think we have to set a fixed time
for the releases and call out for coding sprints and streamline this process a bit.

Saminda, since you are the RM, I will defer to your call on the issues to be addressed vs
deferred to 0.7 release. I will review them too, but it will be early tomorrow.

Suresh

On Jan 10, 2013, at 10:02 AM, Ate Douma <ate@douma.nu> wrote:

> Hi team,
>
> I'm not involved really right now, so please take my comments below for what it is worth
:)

> Regarding the 0.6 release plan: aren't there a bit too many issues still outstanding
for 0.6 (22)? Or are those intended to be move to 0.7+?

> Unrelated, but IMO much more important is the yet unscheduled AIRAVATA-396.
> Its depending on AIRAVATA-406 which is scheduled for 1.0, but maybe that shoud be regarded
as kind of unscheduled too?
> I do think this issue however is rather important, even if not a functional one, so would
suggest bumping its priority.

> Kind regards, Ate
>
> On 01/09/2013 03:21 PM, Suresh Marru wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Glad to see lots of activity and testing going on. Can we wrap the release? I think
we are in a  good shape and we can probably do one RC and a testing marathon and see how it
looks. Saminda as you volunteered as a RM of this release, will you be able to follow the
instructions on [1] and steer the release?. Please add a [TESTING] prefix to the RC email
so it will be easy to manage and pay attention.