airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Lahiru Gunathilake <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [TESTING] Apache Airavata 0.6 RC2
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 21:01:29 GMT
Hi All,

I ran airavata-client and registered some services and created a workflow
and ran it on trestles, first I have tested with default configuration and
then I have hosted the war files and pointed on mysql and both scenarios
worked.

Following are the issues(I believe we need to fix these before the release)
but we need to discuss how important they are.

1. We need to cleanup the airavata-server.properties because there are
whole bunch of unused variables and some of the variables are duplicating.
We need to examine each and every property in airavata-server, and client
properties files and see what are required and what are not required.

2. When I deploy the war file it deploy in to huge web app name, So I
propose to release a zip file like airavata-server-war.zip which has a war
file inside with our expected name (ex: airavata-registry.war) and
README,LICENSE,NOTICE files.

3. I have changed the authenticators.xml with a jdbc url with user name and
password and it gave me an error, I removed username password from jdbc url
then it worked.

Regards
Lahiru

--