airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: admin failed login
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 16:51:17 GMT
On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Supun Nakandala
<supun.nakandala@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi devs,
> I was able to success fully try the 5 minute and 10 minute quick start
> tutorials. But when I configure Xbaya registry, in the airavata-server
> console I get this message [1] indicating a failed login. Is there any
> problem here?

Hi Supun,

This warning is actually expected when basic auth is configured. By
default we use basic auth as our authentication mechanism. The basic
auth works as follows,
First try to acquire the resource. If server side detects that no
credentials are presented return a 401 error. Then client sends
correct credentials. So the warning you see is relevant to very first
login request. You should not see this message after first logged in.
(After a session is created).

Thanks
Amila