airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuration is bit confusing in airavata
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 17:31:03 GMT
Hi Lahiru,

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Devs,
>
> I have been trying to configure airavata to point to mysql with a trunk
> build and I have seen 5 places with some database configuration for
> registry database.
>
> In axis2 web apps I can see, authentication.xml, registry.properties,
> airavata-server.properties to configure with database configuration.

I am not quite sure why we are having an authenticators.xml file in
axis2. Need to see distribution configurations where it is coming
from. This we dont need at all. We can remove it and we dont need to
configure it as well.

> In rest service I can see authentication.xml, registry.properties with
> database configuration. I think its alright to have two places to configure
> this since we have two separate webapps, but all the other places looks
> like redundant.

We only need authenticators.xml in rest service. In a practical
scenario the authenticator will point to a user store which is
different from airavata database. Therefore we need to specify user
store information separately.

Thanks
Amila