airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: airavata-client.properties file in xbaya distribution
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 18:57:43 GMT
On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 1:24 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> I agree, the default registry service should be specified in configuration file with
the flexibility to override from GUI. But I think we should not put default username, passwords
in properties file.

I agree with Suresh. If we need to have single-sign-on requirement, we
need to achieve that using some other security mechanism (such as
Kerberos).

Thanks
Amila

This we should only provide in GUI. The conveniences is tempting to
add default user information to properties, but having a simple
default user password and having the user type them might not be a bad
inconvenience.

> Suresh
>

> On Jan 10, 2013, at 1:17 PM, Raminder Singh <raminderjsingh@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I want service url to be configurable. User entering user credential is obvious from
Xbaya screen.