airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [TESTING] Apache Airavata 0.6 RC2
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2013 04:45:16 GMT
On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I ran airavata-client and registered some services and created a workflow
> and ran it on trestles, first I have tested with default configuration and
> then I have hosted the war files and pointed on mysql and both scenarios
> worked.
>
> Following are the issues(I believe we need to fix these before the release)
> but we need to discuss how important they are.
>
> 1. We need to cleanup the airavata-server.properties because there are
> whole bunch of unused variables and some of the variables are duplicating.
> We need to examine each and every property in airavata-server, and client
> properties files and see what are required and what are not required.
>
> 2. When I deploy the war file it deploy in to huge web app name, So I
> propose to release a zip file like airavata-server-war.zip which has a war
> file inside with our expected name (ex: airavata-registry.war) and
> README,LICENSE,NOTICE files.
>
> 3. I have changed the authenticators.xml with a jdbc url with user name and
> password and it gave me an error, I removed username password from jdbc url
> then it worked.

Hi Lahiru,

Could you please be more specific about the error you got ? The
authenticators.xml configuration is defined in such a way it will read
user name and password separately. I do believe the error you got is
some thing related to configuration reading. User name and password
are separately passed when creating the JDBC connection.
I certainly dont think this is a blocker for the release. It could be
an improvement depending upon your requirement.

Thanks
Amila