airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata 0.6 RC4
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2013 01:06:37 GMT
Over all a much stabler release pack, a good indication we are marching towards a 1.0. Here
are some tests I did:

* svn export https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/airavata/0.6/RC4/
* verified all signatures: for file in `find . -type f -iname '*.asc'`; do gpg --verify ${file};
done
Got the success message:
gpg: Signature made Fri Jan 25 22:04:52 2013 EST using DSA key ID C659C4E7
gpg: Good signature from "Saminda Wijeratne (CODE SIGNING KEY) <samindaw@apache.org>"
Note: I previously had Saminda's keys in my keyring. If not you will need to first download
them.

* Followed the two quick start tutorials -http://airavata.apache.org/documentation/quickstart-tutorials.html

* Successfully ran the simple math, complex math workflows.

* The levenshtein distance sample workflow fails, I creates a issue (AIRAVATA-745), but we
can probably ignore this as lot of other tutorial examples work. The idea with these tutorials
is anyway to convey the concept.

* Configured grid credentials and ran a workflow on Trestles Cluster.

One issue I have seen is the Application Services do not get refreshed after we register a
application. This is an inconvenience but does not warrant a resin. I updated the tutorial
instructions to do the manual refresh.

I will vote my + 1.

Cheers,
Suresh