airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Airavata API review
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 16:55:36 GMT
On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Chathuri Wimalasena
<kamalasini@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> We had some offline discussions regarding Airavata API and following are
>  some of the improvements that we decided on.
>
>    - *Change the name of AiravataManager in AiravataAPI interface*
>    - *Providing utility class for creating the ServiceDescriptor and all
>    the application creation (Look at the util class <DescriptorUtil>
> provided
>    in REST service).*
>    - *saveDeploymentDescription method should jus get a Host and Service
>    descriptor objects rather passing the names.*
>    - Instead of having single save method for both add and update, we
>    should have separate methods for those functionalities
>    - *Remove isExist check from the save methods, ideally when we introduce
>    above add and update functions separately, this will become obsolete.*
>    - *Use ApplicationDescriptor in all the places.*
>    - *Overload saveWorkflow function and pass the URI of a workflow path.*
>    - *Add the method - getWorkflowTemplateIds in integration tests.*
>    - *Adding tests for workflow metadata saving in integration test.*
>    - *We need fill up all the arguments in runExperiment method to show the
>    users how they are suppose to use the method.*
>    - *Adding tests for querying by Experiment name.*
>    - *Add tests for all the runExperiment overloaded methods.*
>    - *Put API comments for runExperiment and other methods.*
>    - *For the test case we need implement the pulling and pushing the
>    status of the workflow. Pulling from registry and get the pull messages
>    from notification.*
>    - *Add a stopMonitoring function to ExecutionManager*
>    - *Improvements to runExperiment() method
>    *
>       - we need to get rid of all 6 overloaded methods
>          - keeping the simple one as it is and passing a bean object for
>          advance cases

I've created a bean [1] for encapsulating advanced options. Please feel
free to review/comment/update on it. We will be having this on 0.6 API.

Thanks,
Saminda

1.
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata/trunk/modules/airavata-client/src/main/java/org/apache/airavata/client/api/ExperimentAdvanceOptions.java

         - giving different names for method signatures if the usage for