airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: So many methods in ProvenanceManager which confuses the user
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 18:15:43 GMT
Indeed this is very confusing... we had these many methods in order to
cater different needs of a user & for performance. There is mainly 2
categories of provenance data functions here.

   1. List experiment structure data (to retrieve experiment Id's, meta
   information, workflow instances they ran etc)
   2. List experiment data (to retrieve input/output results of experiments)

Then we have functions to retreive fine-tuned data. i.e. retrieve only the
data we want in order avoid querying the db too much.

We should REALLY REALLY have a review on the API :)

Saminda