airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Separation out Server & Client binary distributions in Airavata
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 17:22:29 GMT
Hi Devs,

Currently we have both XBaya & the Airavata services bundled together when
we create the final distribution. This can arise confusion to the users &
unnecessary overhead of retrieving/understanding/configuring for different
stakeholders. Shall we have different distributions as follows?

   1. Airavata server binary distribution  - everything related to hosting
   an Airavata Server
   2. XBaya binary distribution              - everything needed for XBaya
   to run independently
   3. Airavata client binary distribution   - all the libraries required
   for a 3rd party client to use the Airavata API

(This would mean that we'll have 3 binary packs for an Airavata release)

Regards,
Saminda