airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Gateway id in airavata request
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 18:10:09 GMT
Hi Suresh,

I do prefer gateway DNS name formats such as "gateway.airavata.org"
(Due to its simplicity compared to entity ids). But in either case
there wont be any changes to the logic we are doing at authentication
stage. Maybe we need to further investigate to figure out what is most
appropriate as a gateway id.

Thanks
Amila

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> On Nov 22, 2012, at 12:25 PM, Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.amila@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We need to send gateway name together with user name for
>> authentication at Airavata service level. We are thinking of using
>> following syntax for this,
>>
>> username@gatwayId
>>
>> So "@" will be a separator for gateway id and user name. In addition
>> we do authentication based on the gateway id. I am planning to
>> incorporate this change to existing security implementation. If you
>> have any objections/feedback please let us know.
>
> Hi Amila,
>
> Yes this sounds fine to me. But it will work under the assumption of gateway id being
unique. May be we can maintain a wiki page with registered gateway id's. Can you please refer
to [1] which discuss this issues of mapping end users with gateway identifiers.

> If you refer to examples at [2], are you proposing to create Entity ID's or Gateway DNS
Domain in the format gateway.airavata.org?