airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: To which module should we add REST implementation
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 04:14:32 GMT
Hi Suresh, Chathuri,

There are other REST based services which we will have in future.
(CredentialStore, InterpretterAPI etc ...).

Just wondering how should we organize above rest services. Currently
they lie in the same location as registry rest services. So would it
be nice if we extract out all REST services to a common module ?
(Without keeping in the registry)

In addition there will be another module (new) called "security".

Thanks
Amila

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 1:59 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:

> On Nov 11, 2012, at 12:54 PM, Chathuri Wimalasena <kamalasini@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Suresh,
>>
>> This airavata registry service is an axis2 service, which will create
>> database tables and insert necessary data when starting airavata. This does
>> not have any impact on the rest implementation. I will add the REST
>> implementation to the registry module as you suggested.
>
> Hi Chathuri,
>
> Do you think its a bad idea to merge this initial data population into the registry service
itself?

> If so, may be we should consider renaming it to indicate the functionality, something
like airavata-registry-bootstrap or something like that.