airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Chathuri Wimalasena <kamalas...@gmail.com>
Subject Should we use PasswordCallBack when creating server side classes
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 17:40:51 GMT
Hi All,

In the process of replacing registry calls of XBaya with AiravataClient, we
had to change some classes in GFac and workflow interpreter services which
are instantiated from Xbaya. What we did was, we replace AiravataRegistry2
object with AiravataAPI object in those classes. For an example, have a
look in to GFacConfiguration class.

To create the AiravataAPI class, we need to pass registryURL, gateway,
username and passwordCallback object. This PasswordCallback is a client
specific implementation of PasswordCallBack interface. Same
PasswordCallback object is necessary when creating AiravataRegistry2 object
as well. IMO, we should not use PasswordCallback instance in the server
side classes.

Any idea how we can overcome that limitation ?

Thanks and Regards,
Chathuri