airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: To which module should we add REST implementation
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2012 17:22:51 GMT
On Nov 8, 2012, at 9:31 AM, Chathuri Wimalasena <kamalasini@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm planning to move Airavata REST implementation from sandbox to the
> airavata trunk. To which module should I add it ? At the moment REST
> service is only for Registry API. But there's another REST service that
> Raman has implemented for methods in Airavata Client which we should merge
> eventually. So we can't add the current REST implementation to registry
> module. I' m wondering what is the best module that we should add the REST
> service..
>
> Any thoughts ?

Hi Chathuri,

I would vote for having this within the registry module itself [1]. May be we should re-look
at what all various registry modules are and make them self-explanatory.
* a single registry service api (the rest service you propose to move from sandbox).
* a airavata registry data model or  api which can be implemented
* the current JPA based implementation
* any needed utilities

Will the current registry service [2] merge into your rest service implementation?

Cheers,
Suresh

[1] - https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata/trunk/modules/registry/
[2] - https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata/trunk/modules/registry/airavata-registry-service/