airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gateway id in airavata request
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 17:41:12 GMT
On Nov 22, 2012, at 12:25 PM, Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.amila@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We need to send gateway name together with user name for
> authentication at Airavata service level. We are thinking of using
> following syntax for this,
>
> username@gatwayId
>
> So "@" will be a separator for gateway id and user name. In addition
> we do authentication based on the gateway id. I am planning to
> incorporate this change to existing security implementation. If you
> have any objections/feedback please let us know.

Hi Amila,

Yes this sounds fine to me. But it will work under the assumption of gateway id being unique.
May be we can maintain a wiki page with registered gateway id's. Can you please refer to [1]
which discuss this issues of mapping end users with gateway identifiers.

If you refer to examples at [2], are you proposing to create Entity ID's or Gateway DNS Domain
in the format gateway.airavata.org?

Cheers,
Suresh

[1] - http://www.teragridforum.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Science_Gateway_Credential_with_Attributes