airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gateway id in airavata request
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 19:26:05 GMT
On Nov 22, 2012, at 1:10 PM, Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.amila@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Suresh,
>
> I do prefer gateway DNS name formats such as "gateway.airavata.org"
> (Due to its simplicity compared to entity ids).

I did not pay attention to the SAML requirements for entity id's as discussed in the links
I sent earlier. But if it doesn't matter, I am + 1 for using "gateway.airavata.org", this
looks much more elegant.

Suresh

> But in either case
> there wont be any changes to the logic we are doing at authentication
> stage. Maybe we need to further investigate to figure out what is most
> appropriate as a gateway id.
>
> Thanks
> Amila
>
> On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Nov 22, 2012, at 12:25 PM, Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.amila@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> We need to send gateway name together with user name for
>>> authentication at Airavata service level. We are thinking of using
>>> following syntax for this,
>>>
>>> username@gatwayId
>>>
>>> So "@" will be a separator for gateway id and user name. In addition
>>> we do authentication based on the gateway id. I am planning to
>>> incorporate this change to existing security implementation. If you
>>> have any objections/feedback please let us know.
>>
>> Hi Amila,
>>
>> Yes this sounds fine to me. But it will work under the assumption of gateway id being
unique. May be we can maintain a wiki page with registered gateway id's. Can you please refer
to [1] which discuss this issues of mapping end users with gateway identifiers.

>> If you refer to examples at [2], are you proposing to create Entity ID's or Gateway
DNS Domain in the format gateway.airavata.org?