airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Airavata for ApacheCon NA 2013
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 03:40:45 GMT
Hi All,

We need to put together a talk for ApacheCon NA. We can have the usual drill, but frankly
current Airavata community is less attended at ApacheCon. So a better impact for the project
at ApacheCon will be to find alignment with other Apache Projects and encourage broader participation.
Beyond Rave and OODT, any concrete ideas on how Airavata can draw value from or add value
to fellow apache projects?

Suresh

On Oct 2, 2012, at 12:56 PM, Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org> wrote:

> Portland, Oregon sets the stage for "Open Source Community Leadership Drives Enterprise-Grade
Innovation", the theme for the 25th edition of Apache's popular conference series

> Forest Hill, MD – 2 October 2012 – The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), the all-volunteer
developers, stewards, and incubators of nearly 150 Open Source projects and initiatives, today
announced ApacheCon North America 2013. The ASF's official conference, trainings, and expo
returns to North America 24 February-2 March 2013 at the Hilton Portland & Executive Tower
in Portland, Oregon.

> ApacheCon draws Open Source users, developers, gurus, students, novices, community managers,
and enthusiasts to address today's issues, opportunities, and solutions focusing on the ASF's
many diverse projects and initiatives. The event takes place 24 February-2 March 2013, starting
with pre-conference trainings, BarCamp, and hackathon the first two days; main conference
+ expo 26-28 February; followed by post-conference sprints, workshops, and team building events.

> This year's theme is "Open Source Community Leadership Drives Enterprise-Grade Innovation",
reflecting the enormous reach of the ASF's software projects, from the ubiquitous Apache HTTP
Server to dozens of initiatives in the Apache Incubator and Labs such as Allura, CloudStack,
Cordova (nee Phonegap), Flex, and OpenOffice.

> The Call For Papers is now open through 5 November 2012. Early-bird registration will
open 23 November 2012.

> Developers and users of Apache technologies are invited to share their experiences, ideas,
inspirations and knowledge. From the flagship Apache HTTP Server to Cassandra to Hadoop to
Lucene/Solr to OODT to TrafficServer, Apache products power half the Internet, petabytes of
data, teraflops of operations, billions of objects, and enhance the lives of countless users
and developers.

> The ApacheCon program is created by Apache Members and Committers for the community-at-large:
all content is carefully reviewed and selected by Apache Project Management Committee contributors.
All those with an interest in Apache software are welcome to submit a proposal and celebrate
the diversity of the projects under the Apache banner.

> Who Should Attend
> ApacheCon is for everyone! ASF affiliation is not required to present at, attend, or
otherwise participate in ApacheCon. First held in 1999 for developers and users of the Apache
Server to meet face-to-face, ApacheCon is the ASF's official conference, trainings, and expo
series, and the public showcase for Apache innovations.

> ApacheCon is the ideal opportunity for those currently developing Apache-based solutions,
as well as those interested in committing code to an Apache project, contributing to the Apache
Incubator, or enhancing their Open Source products and community practices. In addition, ApacheCon
is a great way to meet the individual contributors behind some of the industry's most popular
Apache projects through hands-on educational sessions and ample networking opportunities.

> Stay Informed + Get Involved!
> Keep up-to-date on the latest developments by subscribing to announce@apachecon.com and
following @ApacheCon on Twitter. Those interested in becoming a part of the event planning
. Locals and those familiar with the Portland area are invited to contribute to the "local
guide" wiki as well!

> Important Dates
> 5 November 2012: Call For Participation closes
> 23 November 2012: Early-bird registration opens
> 24-25 February 2013: Pre-Conference Trainings, BarCamp, and Hackathon
> 26-28 February 2013: Main Conference + Expo
> 1-2 March 2013: Post-Conference Sprints, workshops, team building
>
> ApacheCon is produced by The Open Bastion in partnership with The Apache Software Foundation.
>
> For more information and to submit a presentation proposal, visit http://apachecon.com/.
>
> About The Open Bastion
> The Open Bastion is the events arm of Open Source technology and education consultancy
Holden Web. Founded by PyCon creator Steve Holden, The Open Bastion specializes in producing
high-quality, Open Source and corporate technology events in the United States and Europe.
Deeply committed to developing and supporting the Python community, Holden chaired the first
three PyCon events and launched the OpenPython conference series held bi-coastally and regionally
across America. Building on its success developing, seeding, and supporting Open Source community
events, the company’s planning and management services have grown to include DjangoCon US
in 2010, OpenDjango in 2012, and ApacheCon North America 2013. More information, including
upcoming conferences, is available at http://theopenbastion.com/ and @TheOpenBastion on Twitter.

> About The Apache Software Foundation (ASF)
> Established in 1999, the all-volunteer Foundation oversees nearly one hundred fifty leading
Open Source projects, including Apache HTTP Server — the world's most popular Web server
software. Through the ASF's meritocratic process known as "The Apache Way", more than 400
individual Members and 3,500 Committers successfully collaborate to develop freely available
enterprise-grade software, benefiting millions of users worldwide: thousands of software solutions
are distributed under the Apache License; and the community actively participates in ASF mailing
lists, mentoring initiatives, and ApacheCon, the Foundation's official user conference, trainings,
and expo. The ASF is a US 501(3)(c) not-for-profit charity, funded by individual donations
and corporate sponsors including AMD, Basis Technology, Citrix, Cloudera, Facebook, Go Daddy,
Google, HP, Hortonworks, Huawei, IBM, InMotion Hosting, Matt Mullenweg, Microsoft, PSW Group,
SpringSource/VMware,
> WANdisco, and Yahoo!. For more information, visit http://www.apache.org/ or follow @TheASF
on Twitter.

> "Apache", "Allura", "Apache Allura", "Cassandra", "Apache Cassandra", "CloudStack”,
"Apache CloudStack”, "Cordova", "Apache Cordova", "Flex", "Apache Flex", "Hadoop", "Apache
Hadoop", "Apache HTTP Server", "Lucene", "Apache Lucene", "OODT", "Apache OODT", "OpenOffice",
"Apache OpenOffice", "Traffic Server", "Apache Traffic Server", and "ApacheCon" are trademarks
of The Apache Software Foundation. All other brands and trademarks are the property of their
respective owners.