airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.5 Release Plans
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 02:51:10 GMT
On Oct 15, 2012, at 8:24 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:

> On Oct 4, 2012, at 2:45 PM, Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> +1.
>>
>> Few things I think we must do for 0.5,
>>
>>  - Get rid of all traces of jackrabbit from Airavata code
>>  - Refactor/cleanup the existing code in Airavata (there are alot of
>>  dangling classes/code etc.)
>>  - Write test cases for the new Registry API
>>  - Review Airavata API & write test cases for it
>>  - ...and of course make sure the 5/10 min tutorials work.
>
> I think there was good progress on this tasks. How about we target 17th for full code/test
freeze and 18th for the release?

Hi All,

Since we have the trunk pretty stable, I will work on the release this weekend. I will follow
the 0.3 release style and will create a branch so we can let the trunk evolve. I will do the
release from 0.5 branch and any unforeseen release issues or bug fixes can be made to the
0.5 branch. Please let me know if you have any concerns or show stoppers with the release.

Cheers,
Suresh