airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Naming conversions and Unit Tests
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 17:39:02 GMT
+1 for both ideas.
Unit tests are important specifically when we are refactoring code.
That helps us to confidently change code and make sure nothing is
broken.

Thanks
Amila

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Raminderjeet Singh
<raminderjsingh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dev,
>
> I have seen some bad naming conventions followed in Registry API like AiravataRegisty1
and AiravataRegisty2 etc. This is user interaction interface for Airavata and we need to use
meaningful names. Lets spend a min or 2 while naming a class or interface as it will take
more time if you or someone else need to do it later. Java coding conversions [1] need to
be followed for rest of the project.

> Another important thing we need to improve is unit tests specially for AiravataAPI to
start with. Currently we don't have any unit test cases for Airavata API (JCRRegistryTest
was there which i am removing to address Airavata-589).