airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Airavata for ApacheCon NA 2013
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 04:26:40 GMT
Hi Suresh,

Accumulo and Cassandra are based on Google's BigTable where Accumulo even
claims to have improvements atop the BigTable design, and Hadoop is for
MapReduce.

We can simply plug them in as data storage/retrieval (Accumulo/Cassandra)
systems or processing model for large data sets (Hadoop) so that workflow
nodes can make use of them.

The other possibility is to use them in data provenance, etc which could be
considered as more powerful integration options IMO. For an example, [1] is
one such effort to build a provenience registry for Airavata using
Cassandra.

I am yet to look into these options in detail, but planning to do so in the
near future.

[1] http://metcat.org/

Thanks,
Danushka