airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "ptangcha@umail.iu.edu" <ptang...@umail.iu.edu>
Subject Re: Issues with slf4j with axis2
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2012 03:29:44 GMT
Hi Devs,

I agree with Suresh.
SLF4J is just a log facade library. It is suitable for integrating with any
logging library and this provides more flexibility to users. It should work
well even with log4j if you deploy it with slf4j-log4j.jar. Moreover, log4j
and slf4j-log4j can be co-deployed on the same environment.

"put them in to a separate file rather putting in to catalina.out when we
deploy on tomcat"
IMHO, this seems to be a configuration more than implementation problem.
This might imply that we use slf4j-simple.jar and every log message is
redirected to standard out by this library. (or not deploy any logging
library which slf4j-api [version < 1.6] will automatically use slf4j-simple)

I don't know what problem Lahiru faced with slf4j and axis2. But, I prefer
to stick with slf4j in airavata implementation.

Patanachai