airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@iu.edu>
Subject Integrating GSoC Contributions
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 03:33:16 GMT
GSoC Students,

Once we release 0.5 this weekend, can we focus on integrating your contributions into main
Airavata code base? We should brainstorm on release features, but having gsoc project readiness
might also help that discussion. Based on the open JIRA's here are the major release features:

0.5 release - major feature includes enhanced Registry API, Open JPA implementation to derby/mysql
based registry.
0.6 release  - RESTful API to Registry and pluggable security framework, ...
0.7 release  - Revisit Airavata Client API and Workflow Interpreter enhancements, …

Looks like the GSoC projects will align very well with this outline. I will throw in a idea,
please comment if this is feasible:

Bhathiya,

Chathuri contributed REST interfaces to Airavata Registry [1]. Can you please see if there
are any components/code from your sling project [2] to merge with the registry API? Can you
get any possible code merged into 0.6 release?

Hasitha,

It will be nice if you can submit patches to the latest code base and sync your workflow debugging
project [3] into the main stream code an harden it. Will you have time to look at this? Can
we get this into 0.7 release?

Milinda,

Along with the Cloud Bursting project [4], your contributions to improve GFac architecture
[5] [6] is greatly valuable to get back into main code base. As you may recall your improvements
received a good response [7], do you think you will be able to contribute to getting improvements
into current trunk? Can we get this into 0.6 release?

Cheers,
Suresh

[1] - https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata/sandbox/airavata-registry-rest/
[2] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-338