airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Airavata Server Configurations
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 19:52:36 GMT
Hi All,

I changed the config properties and checked in a big commit (not ideal, but had to do it as
all modules had to be updated at once). This is to address [1].

Here is the goal I was trying to achieve:

* Avoid duplicates of config file information, it is getting overly confusing which property
file to change.
* Have only airavata-server.config for all properties related to Registry, Message Box, Message
Broker, GFac, Interpreter Server.
* Clients should not have any properties but the registry connection. Currently the full JDBC
info and in future only registry end point.
* Clients can implement AiravataRegistryConnectionDataProvider and use custom properties.

* the only location for airavata-server.properties is modules/distribution/src/main/resources/conf/.
For now we have a exception and also need to have it in XBaya. But we need to remove this
limitation as well.

Cheers,
Suresh
[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-383