airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Airavata Charter for Board Resolution
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 15:42:01 GMT
Good to see we are narrowing. Any objections to this:

* software related to executing and managing computational jobs on distributed computing resources
including local clusters, supercomputers, national grids, academic and commercial clouds.

Based on the direction where Chris & Ross are going, I tried to keep the statement general
purpose to attract broader community at same time concretely specify examples. But I feel
this is too long and I am open to shrink it down.

Suresh

On Sep 4, 2012, at 11:21 AM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:

> On 4 September 2012 15:50, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
> <chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
>> Hi Suresh,
>>
>> On Sep 4, 2012, at 5:24 AM, Suresh Marru wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Any opinions on the scope of the software? here are some options:
>>>
>>> * software related to science gateways, data management, scientific workflows
and processing

>>> * software related to executing and managing computational jobs on local clusters,
Grid and Cloud computing resources