airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data structure for Airavata registry data
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2012 00:59:23 GMT
On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Amila Jayasekara
<thejaka.amila@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Chathuri,
>
> I guess we also need to have a user table to record user information.
> (At least for testing initial developments, till we integrate with a
> proper Identity Solution).

+1.

Suresh, totally +1 on having user between the gateway & project. The reason
why we did not really include this in the above illustration is that we
were trying to represent how data could be organized rather than the how a
gateway is structured. Since projects can have their own data & users will
not have cross project interest, for us it made more sense to have a
projects' data together as much as possible. Please advice us on our train
of thinking if its not the case.

In the sense of Airavata system, is the owner of the project just a person
who manages various aspects of configuring in the system (eg: adding users,
setting permissions etc.)?

Saminda