airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Lahiru Gunathilake <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Do we really have to automatically registering URLs
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 15:40:55 GMT
Hi Devs,

We recently had some issues when we deploy airavata in production with
firewalls and on VMs. We automatically pick the URLs of the services using
Axis2Configuration and get the service names and register them in to
Registry. I wrote this piece of code since it looks handy to do it in that
way. But I think this is an extra headache we always get when we have a
complex network configuration in our deployment environment.

I think to avoid this we can simply ask users to configure four urls in
repository.properties file, we go and register these urls in to registry.
It there are multiple gfac running all will be having same registry url so
we are good to go with out future plans to handle multiple urls.

Of course we can find some solutions to pick correct url by validating them
but still we are validating from the same deployment environment, not from
out side world. So I think this is an unnecessary feature since its just
four urls user have to configure.

User configure it on repository.properties one time thats it .. if its not
working its deployers fault .. not a fault of Airavata !

WDYT ? If you agree I can do this fix in to 0.5 release.

Regards
Lahiru

--
System Analyst Programmer