airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Lahiru Gunathilake <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Do we really need to use JPA in new Airavata registry implementation
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 21:41:23 GMT
Hi Devs,

I have been testing the new registry implementation and I have a feeling
this is getting slow which is the issue that we are trying to address for
jackrabbit implementation. This JPA implementation will add an extra
complexity with a big performance overhead.

I don't think we need to use a framework for this simple repository which
has 11 tables with each having less than 6 columns in each table. My point
is for a simple database like this, we really don't have to use a
framework[1]. If our system it so damn complex we can live with the
complexities and the performance bottleneck of JPA.

WDYT ?

[1]https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=10567940

--
System Analyst Programmer