airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data structure for Airavata registry data
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2012 14:22:42 GMT
On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 8:58 AM, Chathuri Wimalasena
<kamalasini@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Amila Jayasekara
> <thejaka.amila@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Chathuri,
>>
>> I guess we also need to have a user table to record user information.
>> (At least for testing initial developments, till we integrate with a
>> proper Identity Solution).
>>

> +1. For the moment I will add a user table with user_ID and user_name
> fields. Are there any more fields that need to be added ? I think most of
> the other information related to a user can be retrieved by other tables.

I guess user_ID and user_name are same ?
Lets have user_ID and password only. That is sufficient for
authentication for the moment.

As we go on we can add more tables based on the requirement. E.g :- If
we are to have authorization based on internally stored data  we need
to have tables like, Roles, Permissions etc ... But we can add these
as we go on. Thus adding these tables will not be an issue as it has
no effect on the API.

Thanks
Amila