airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjaya Medonsa <sanjaya...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Airavata Integration with Apache OODT and Apache Tika
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 00:52:00 GMT
Hi,
    I'm Sanjaya Medonsa, MSc (2012) student of University Moratuwa. As my
MSc Research I have chosen Airvata integration with Apache OODT to solve
data management issues with science gateways built using Airavata and
integration with Apache Tika to solve data extraction issues. I am working
with Dr. Shahani Weerawarana as my supervisor. I am just starting my
research and working on material related to Airavata, OODT and Tika. In
order to gather information for my research I'm working on literature
survey focusing on following items.
         1. Extension points in Apache Airavata to integrate with data
management implementations,
         2. Apache OODT architecture and their extension points
         3. Apache Tika architecture and their extension points.

It would be really helpful, if you could provide me your thoughts
and suggestions regarding my research. This is roughly one year research
project where I need to come up with detailed research proposal and
architecture for my solution within this year and I need to complete the
implementation at the end of next year.

Thanks,
Sanjaya