airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Pavithra Kulathilaka <pavithr...@gmail.com>
Subject Research on Investigating issues related to deploying Airavata on multi-tenant environments
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2012 17:56:31 GMT
Hi,

I'm Pavithra Kulathilaka currently reading MSc(2012) in University of
Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
I've selected the research idea of *"**Investigate computer science issues
related to deploying Airavata or Rave in a multitenancy environment such as
Google’s App Engine" *as my MSc research under the supervision of Dr
Shahani Weerawarna.

For the initial phase I'm going to concentrate only on deploying Airavata
on Google's App-engine and if the scope is smaller then will consider Rave
and other multi-tenant environments.

The identified research tasks are

   - Research mechanisms and techniques to overcome the challenges in
   deploying Airavata in a generic multi-tenant cloud environment.
   - Contribute an Airavata build and deployment to the Google app engine
   specific multi-tenant environment.
   - Conduct experiments to measure and assess the resultant auto scaling
   and load balancing capabilities of Airavata’s Google app engine deployment.

This is expected to be finished by the end of the next year and looking
forward for your thoughts, suggestions and support regarding this research.

Thanks,
Regards,
--
Pavithra Kulathilaka.