airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Workflow Notification Report
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 14:24:00 GMT
+1 on the requirement and making it part of the release 0.6 or later.

As for solution, I think we really need to formalize workflow monitoring and decouple it from
workflow interpreter. It should be aware of the state of workflows in interaction with enactment
engine but loosely coupled with it.

Like this example, we can foresee users asking, please tweet me once done, or push a Mac notification,
or update my Facebook wall that the workflow I ran is finished :)

It will be nice to have volunteers implement a first class workflow monitoring support. There
is a code in sandbox [1] for reference, I don't mean to stick to its implementation, but to
get an idea and develop a pluggable monitoring framework harnessing the workflow tracking
schema and ws messenger capabilities.

Suresh

[1] - https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/airavata/sandbox/workflow-monitoring-util/