airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Maskey, Manil" <mmas...@itsc.uah.edu>
Subject RE: EC2
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 21:03:06 GMT
I was trying to wrap ADaM applications that are deployed on the EC2, using XBaya.  The XBaya
GUI says 'Not Supported' when I pick Amazon EC2 as the resource protocol for the Host.

Thanks
--Manil

-----Original Message-----
From: Suresh Marru [mailto:smarru@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 3:48 PM
To: airavata-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: EC2

Hi Manil,

Technically yes, there is support for EC2, S3 and Amazon Elastic Map Reduce. However, to my
knowledge, no one has been actively testing or using it in the last couple of releases. The
version inherited into Airavata fully supported it, but since there is no user community actively
using/asking for it, the UI's related to EC2 submissions within XBaya have not been actively
changed. But it should be matter of testing and getting things back online, if noting else
since the sourecforge version is still in working shape, it should be trivial task.

Do you have concrete use case you are thinking?

You may want to look into XBaya for adding Amazon components, instantiating instances, starting
vs re-using instances, GFac for amazon security handling and EC2 provider.

Suresh