airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: EC2
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 23:31:25 GMT

On Sep 5, 2012, at 5:03 PM, "Maskey, Manil" <mmaskey@itsc.uah.edu> wrote:

> I was trying to wrap ADaM applications that are deployed on the EC2, using XBaya.  The
XBaya GUI says 'Not Supported' when I pick Amazon EC2 as the resource protocol for the Host.
Hi Manil,

Is this is a show stopper for you, or can you first get the workflows worked up on local resources
or any Grid? I see the trunk is too much moving now with registry changes. As soon as they
are done and 0.5 release is cut (looks like some time next week), then it will be good to
focus on resurrecting EC2 support.

Suresh
P.S. This is outside the scope of Airavata, but with my different hat on, if you need help
getting access to XSEDE send me an email, and I shall walk you through applying for startup
accounts - https://www.xsede.org/web/guest/allocations

> Thanks
> --Manil

to my knowledge, no one has been actively testing or using it in the last couple of releases.
The version inherited into Airavata fully supported it, but since there is no user community
actively using/asking for it, the UI's related to EC2 submissions within XBaya have not been
actively changed. But it should be matter of testing and getting things back online, if noting
else since the sourecforge version is still in working shape, it should be trivial task.

> Do you have concrete use case you are thinking?
>
> You may want to look into XBaya for adding Amazon components, instantiating instances,
starting vs re-using instances, GFac for amazon security handling and EC2 provider.