airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@iu.edu>
Subject [DISCUSS] LICENSE & NOTICE file verification for 0.2-Incubating RC2
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2012 09:36:00 GMT
Many thanks to Lahiru & Heshan for going through each of the pom's and making sure all
license and notice files now cover transitive dependencies. I did a sanity check and also
cleaned up the builds. All the concerns raised so far seems to be addressed.

I want to summarize the issues raised for 0.2-Incubating RC1 and see if we have addressed
them. Once we make sure all issues are addressed, we can go for a formal vote.

Chris:
* There are multiple url's which is inconvenient for reviewers
* After vote, the source and binary have to be staged on ASF mirrored location.
--Both of these are addressed in consultation with Chris and will follow these for RC2 and
further releases

Alek:
* Axis2 pom download error
--It is caused by a corrupt axis2 pom unrelated to the RC. Rebuilding with a clean .m2 worked.
* Type in README
--fixed.
* Usability issue in 10 minute tutorial related to XML serialization
--deferred to future release for improvements.

Ate:
* Multiple concerns on 3rd party licenses and notices
 --There were two issues, firstly the build was not copying the correct L&N files and
secondly the transitive licenses were incomplete. Both of these issues are now addressed.

Please verify if the above issues are fixed in the following:

Unified release URL - http://people.apache.org/builds/incubator/airavata/0.2-incubating/rc2/

detailed urls:
Source - http://people.apache.org/builds/incubator/airavata/0.2-incubating/rc2/airavata-0.2-incubating-source-release.zip
ChangeLog - https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/airavata/tags/airavata-0.2-incubating/RELEASE_NOTES
Binary - http://people.apache.org/builds/incubator/airavata/0.2-incubating/rc2/apache-airavata-0.2-incubating-bin.zip
Maven staging repo - https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheairavata-193/org/apache/airavata/
KEYS - https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/airavata/KEYS ((signed using 617DDBAD)

Hi Ate,

I think we have enough eye balls looking at the technical validity of the release but need
your techno-legal expertise to make sure L,N,D files meet the requirements. Will greatly appreciate
your time.

Thanks,
Suresh