airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Marlon Pierce <mpie...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata 0.1-Incubating RC 1
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 17:46:30 GMT

Some more comments on running through the tests:

* XBaya classpath needs to be set but it isn't clear how to do this
from the instructions.

* The setenv.sh script isn't working correctly.  It assumes XBAYA_HOME
(which is never set anywhere) and includes some spurious separators.
Also lib/tools.jar gets set twice.  This needs to either be cleaned up
or removed.

* User should be told just to run setenv.sh first (source
bin/setenv.sh, specifically) to set AIRAVATA_HOME and XBAYA_CLASSPATH.
 The first is for convenience but the second is required to run xbaya.

* JAVA_HOME on Macs is a little obscure.  For me (OS X 10.6.x), it is
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Home/

* I tried setting my classpath manually (with

export CLASSPATH=`echo ./lib/*.jar | tr ' ' ':'`
export CLASSPATH=$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar:$CLASSPATH
export CLASSPATH=`echo ./standalone-server/lib/*.jar | tr ' '
':'`:$CLASSPATH

)

* Starting xbaya with ./bin/xbaya-gui.sh works fine with the above
classath, but I don't get "System Components"  in the left hand window.

* Also in the instructions you show "Amazon Components" in the screen
shot which I assume is not a standard part of the release.  I suggest
you remove this to avoid confusion.

* I'm able to add the new JCR repository and the simple math greet
service with no problems but I can't complete the walkthrough without
the System Components tools.

Marlon

On 11/7/11 11:43 AM, Lahiru Gunathilake wrote:
> Hi Marlon,
>
> On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Marlon Pierce
> <mpierce@cs.indiana.edu>wrote:
>
> I successfully built the svn tag and the source releases.  The
> binary release is taking some time to download over wireless.  I
> have a couple of comments/questions while I am waiting.
>
> * There are some typos in the README and INSTALL.  Should I
> correct them in the SVN tagged version or just make the corrections
> in the trunk?
>
> Please correct them in the trunk.. I think we need to have another
> tag
>> from latest trunk, committing to tag is not correct.
>
> * Are there instructions for running the tests ("airavata in 5
> minutes") that don't depend up on the binary release?  I assume
> this means downloading a few 3rd party packages like Jackrabbit.
>
> If you have downloaded binary you should be able to run the 5
> minutes and
>> 10 minutes articles successfully .. I just need java installed in
>> your Linux or Mac. We have instructions to run samples in each
>> sample.. we have JUnit test cases and It covers in our build
>> instruction section.
>
>> Regards Lahiru
>

> Marlon

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/airavata/tags/0.1-incubating/RELEASE_NOTES

SVN source tag (r1198113):

Maven staging repo: TODO

> http://people.apache.org/builds/incubator/airavata/0.1-incubating/apache-airavata-0.1-incubating-source.tar.gz
>>>>

> http://people.apache.org/builds/incubator/airavata/0.1-incubating/apache-airavata-0.1-incubating-source.zip

Binary Artifacts

> http://people.apache.org/builds/incubator/airavata/0.1-incubating/apache-airavata-0.1-incubating-bin.tar.gz
>>>>

> http://people.apache.org/builds/incubator/airavata/0.1-incubating/apache-airavata-0.1-incubating-bin.zip

PGP release keys (signed using 617DDBAD):