airavata-architecture mailing list archives

From Lahiru Gunathilake <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions & Clarifications on Airavata
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 17:47:06 GMT
On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 12:59 PM, Eroma Abeysinghe <
eroma.abeysinghe@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> One more question;
> Can we schedule and launch an experiment in Airavata
> e.g. I create an experiment and schedule it to be auto launched on a
> specific date and time.

FYI scheduling is not exactly deciding when to submit a job, its basically
changing the configuration and deciding where to run the job. But currently
airavata does not support autoscheduling task, so user has to give
scheduling parameters (Ex: where to run and what are the parameters to be
used).

In future in Experiment when users set the autoScheduling as true, airavata
has to do smart scheduling decisions based on the environment (Ex: if user
has installed the same application in two machines and one machine's queue
is full or one machine is down we will submit to the other machine, this is
a very basic scenario). In future we need to do more smart scheduling.

To answer your question we cannot schedule like that at this point.

Regards
Lahiru

--
System Analyst Programmer