airavata-architecture mailing list archives

From "Miller, Mark" <mmil...@sdsc.edu>
Subject RE: Experiment Sharing
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2014 19:20:44 GMT
I agree with Borries that this is a feature that each Gateway must have complete control over.

If I understand how Airavata/SciGap architecture is planned, the Gateway retains responsibility
for the database of results it generates.
In this context, it seems simpler to me to let the Gateway set/manage permissions for its
own users according to their needs.
CIPRES has records of data, tasks, and results that could be shared.

That said, we have not implemented a way of doing that, it is something we hoped to do.

If there is a way of making sharing possible within Airavata
1) without disturbing the CIPRES results DB, and
2) gives CIPRES users control over it
3) could be modified on a per Gateway basis

It would be something to discuss. The description Borries gave is what I would like to have
in CIPRES, and intuitively, anyhow, it seems like something that could be left to the Gateway.

Mark