activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dimos Raptis <dimos.rap...@r3.com.INVALID>
Subject Propagation of failure of broker to bind to an address
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2020 10:58:35 GMT
Hello,

We are working on upgrading our dependency on artemis-server from version 2.6.2 to 2.15.0.
We have noticed that while a failure to bind on an address was propagating to the client before,
in the newer version it does not propagate anymore.
More specifically, we are making use of the API ActiveMQServerImpl.start() that was previously
throwing an netty NativeIoException, but now it is swallowing it and only logging an error
instead. We are making use of this exception to react to the failure to bind.
For some more context, I actually managed to track down the ticket that introduced this change
in behaviour, which is this one: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-2106

Could someone confirm if this is a bug or the intended behaviour?

Thank you,
Dimos