activemq-users mailing list archives

From gaetan caumartin <gaetan....@outlook.com>
Subject RE: ARTEMIS-2894 Message redistribution don't work anymore when paging start
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2020 09:13:25 GMT
It should still work but it isn't (at least, for me).

I properly tested it in 2.11 and 2.12 with the same configuration. With 2.11 it works perfectly
with millions of messages being stored before trying to consume them on another member of
the cluster but not with 2.12 and newer versions as soon as the paging is triggered.

I'm using two brokers installed on different servers in a cluster (let's call them broker1
and broker2). I produced messages on broker1 until the paging starts, then I stopped the producer
and connect a consumer on broker2.
As long as the global-max-size is not reached on broker1 I have no problem with the redistribution
on 2.12+, it works correctly.

I can't have a slow or stuck consumer on broker1 as I never connect one to it and I can see
the redistribution starting when the consumer is connected to broker2. I consume some messages
before the paging is triggered on the "clustering "destination then they seem to be stucked
in this destination on broker1.

I tested it with different memory configurations (global-max-size and Xmx) but it has not
impact on the described scenario.
I tried with openwire clients (that I used on activemq5) and with the clients included  through
the artemis script and it is the same behavior.
I also tried on different servers.
I repeated this test again and again with 2.11 and 2.12 trying different configurations and
I can only see a regression with 2.12.

I saw nothing about to the memory usage or the paging in the documentation related to the
redistribution.