activemq-users mailing list archives

From Mike Garcia <mikegarcia2...@hotmail.com>
Subject Issues with ActiveMQ 5.14.2 and Java 8
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2019 21:34:15 GMT
Hi,

We just updated our systems to Java 8 and now ActiveMQ 5.14.2 fails to launch.  We get the
following error message in the wrapper.log  file when we try to launch the ActiveMQ service:

Error: Registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment'\CurrentVersion'

has value '1.8', but '1.7' is required.

Error: could not find java.dll

Error: Could not find Java SE Runtime Environment.

Shouldn't ActiveMQ 5.14.2 run fine in Java 8?  What do we need to change in order to get ActiveMQ
running again?  The Java 8 update won't be backed out because it's a required update from
our security team.

Thanks,

-Mike