activemq-users mailing list archives

From Hiran Chaudhuri <hiran.chaudh...@gmx.net>
Subject Troubleshoot MQTT
Date Fri, 03 May 2019 21:46:51 GMT
Hi there,

I am trying to connect to MQTT appliances (McLighting and
HomeAssistant) to talk to each other. Knowing about the ASF's software
quality my choice for a MQTT broker resulted in ActiveMQ. I am now
running the vromero/activemq-artemis docker image - so I guess the
setup is valid.

Both McLighting and HomeAssistant have been configured to talk to
<ip>:61613, and checking with curl it looks like access to
http://<ip>:61613 works (curl connects but gets hung waiting for a
response - which I consider being ok).

But how do I verify McLighting as MQTT producer actually sends a
message?
How do I verify that HomeAssistant registered to receive such messages?
The Artemis Management Console seems to show me nothing related to MQTT
- or really nothing comes in?

Hiran