activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim <naveenraz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reg Artemis power and network disruption scenarios
Date Fri, 10 May 2019 08:24:34 GMT
Below is the configuration we are using

LIVEA configuration:

    <ha-policy>
         <replication>
            <master>
              <group-name>Node1</group-name>
               <check-for-live-server>true</check-for-live-server>
            </master>
         </replication>
      </ha-policy>

Slave configuration:

      <ha-policy>
         <replication>
            <slave>
              <group-name>Node1</group-name>
               <allow-failback>true</allow-failback>
            </slave>
         </replication>
      </ha-policy>

live-backup scenarios working fine... and the data replication working
absolutely fine if incase of fail-over or bringing back active node again.

only problem I see with the scenarios we are using incase of network
disruptions or any power failures(like power off scenarios)  as steps
explained below

Scenario: Power off and On Scenario for HA setup of Artemis
Step-1: Sent 100 messages and power off Node-1
Step2: Automatic fail-over to Node-2 and seen all 100 messages in Node-2
Step3: Sent 100 more messages in Node-2, so it should be total 200 and
power-off Node-2
Step-4: Started Node-1 and observe that only 100 messages are available –
this leads to duplicate of messages and observed the messages published in
Node-2 are lost.

Scenario: Network disruption scenario
Step-1, Published again with 100 messages and performed Network disruption
Step-2: Messages fail-over to Node-2 and observed 100 messages are present
in Node-2
Step-3: Published again with 100 messages on Node-2 and performed Network
disruption on Node-2
Step-4: Network disruption resolved on Node-1 and observe that only 100
messages are available – this leads to duplicate of messages and observed
the messages published in Node-2 are lost.

As you mentioned you need to configure the server to pull the data back from
live before it became live, Could you please guide me the steps

Please let us know for any questions you have

Thanks for the understanding and reply with answers