activemq-users mailing list archives

From michael.andre.pea...@me.com.INVALID
Subject Re: Federation vs cluster
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2019 00:00:54 GMT
So my advice here based on your previous questions is to first start without federation. It
is something in a advanced setup and would expect someone with experience only to be implementing.

Federation is about global WAN linking brokers.

Clustering is about have a group of LAN brokers tightly clustered to work togeather.

Get Outlook for Android

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 11:06 PM +0000, "artemisn00b" <prahlad.misra@nokia.com> wrote:

I read the master on github for federated-address. From what I understand - a
producer send messages on any node, but all the consumers will receive the
message. How is it any different from using a cluster of those nodes, and
using on_demand load balancing?

What happens if there is a broker failure, or a network split?

Thanks, and sorry for so many questions!