activemq-users mailing list archives

From artemisn00b <prahlad.mi...@nokia.com>
Subject Network split causing weird behavior
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2019 22:40:49 GMT
Sorry for the number of posts but as I explore more of Artemis, I keep
running into problems everywhere. Excuse me for that please.

So, I have an HA solution now consisting of 3 master and 3 slave nodes, the
pair of master-slave being in different VMs. VM1 = M1-S2, VM2 = M2-S3, VM3 =
M3-S1 is my pairing. When I create a network split between VM1 and VM2, I
expect there to be a quorum voting and that would decide whether or not S2
becomes live or not. However, what I see is that S3 becomes live, even
though there is no connection lost between M2 and S3. Eventually when I
lsof, I see that 5 nodes are listening. I've attached the broker config
below.

m1.xml <http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/t379404/m1.xml>
m2.xml <http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/t379404/m2.xml>
m3.xml <http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/t379404/m3.xml>