activemq-users mailing list archives

From artemisn00b <prahlad.mi...@nokia.com>
Subject Re: Not receiving all messages when paging
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2019 19:15:46 GMT
"Federation has built in resilience to failure so if the target server
connection is lost, e.g. due to network failure, federation will retry
connecting to the target until it comes back online. When it comes back
online it will resume operation as normal."

How does that help in my situation? I don't want to be waiting indefinitely
for a broker to come up before it should start sending messages. Instead, on
a broker failure, I want to switch over to an active one right away and
start forwarding messages to consumers. Similarly, on a broker failure, my
consumers also switch to a broker that is live and running.